Directions from San Jose Costa Rica to Jaco
- Take the Inter Americana freeway from the airport Airport Northwest away from san jose.
- Look for Jaco/Quepos exit. At the top of the ramp make a left.
- Go over the mountain about 1 hour drive. After the town of Orotina you will see another Jaco/Quepos sign. Follow signs until you get on main highway.
- Take this road for about 45 minutes until you see the turnoff for Jaco
- Go about 5 miles past Jaco to Playa Hermosa.
- There will be a soccer field on your right hand side.
- Make first right after the field.
- Folow road 50 meter you will run straight into Hermosa Beach House
In 2009, Costa Rica is recently spending millions of dollars on their roads and infrastructure to make it safer for drivers. It is unbelieveable how much better the roads have gotten in one year. A few years ago driving from San Jose to Jaco Beach was very dangerous during the day, and you didn’t even think about driving that road at night. With only one real fast way to San Jose “The mountain road” was the way to go. There were washouts after a hard rain that a truck could fall in. No gaurdrails or medians made for a very scary 2 hour drive. Thankfully we no longer need to worry.
There is a new road under construction that will run directly from Escazu, San Jose to Jaco Beach. It will be a four lane highway that is flat almost the whole way and will cut the drive time down to under one hour. Until then the costa rican government has made the mountain road very save and easy to drive.